Airport information and maps for విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం:
Share this airport:
VTZ Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||VTZ / VEVZ|
|Location:||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|GPS Coordinates:||17°43'15"N by 83°13'27"E|
Airports Authority of India
|Elevation:||15 feet (5 meters)|
|# of Runways:||2|
|View all routes:||Routes from VTZ|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Visakhapatnam|
- Facts about VTZ
- Map of Nearest Airports to VTZ
- List of Nearest Airports to VTZ
- Map of Furthest Airports from VTZ
- List of Furthest Airports from VTZ
Facts about విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం (VTZ):
- Carriers such as Air Arabia and SriLankan Airlines are awaiting the Indian government's permission to launch flights to Sharjah and Colombo respectively.
- విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం (VTZ) has 2 runways.
- Because of విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం's relatively low elevation of 15 feet, planes can take off or land at విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- The furthest airport from విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం (VTZ) is Mataveri International Airport (IPC), which is located 11,400 miles (18,346 kilometers) away in Easter Island, Chile.
- In addition to being known as "విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం", other names for VTZ include "Visakhapatnam International Airport", "INS DEGA" and "VOVZ".
- The closest airport to విశాఖపట్నం అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయం (VTZ) is Jagdalpur Airport (JGB), which is located 122 miles (196 kilometers) NW of VTZ.
- A new terminal building was inaugurated on 20 February 2009.