Airport information and maps for Eindhoven Airport:
Share this airport:
EIN Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||EIN / EHEH|
|GPS Coordinates:||51°27'0"N by 5°22'27"E|
|Area Served:||Eindhoven, Netherlands|
|Operator/Owner:||Eindhoven Airport N.V.
RNLAF Vliegbasis Eindhoven
|Airport Type:||Public / Military|
|Elevation:||74 feet (23 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from EIN|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Eindhoven, Netherlands|
- Facts about EIN
- Map of Nearest Airports to EIN
- List of Nearest Airports to EIN
- Map of Furthest Airports from EIN
- List of Furthest Airports from EIN
Facts about Eindhoven Airport (EIN):
- In addition to being known as "Eindhoven Airport", other names for EIN include "Eindhoven Air Base", "Vliegbasis Eindhoven" and "(Advanced Landing Ground B-78)".
- Because of Eindhoven Airport's relatively low elevation of 74 feet, planes can take off or land at Eindhoven Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- From September 2010 Eindhoven Airport is also hosting the European Air Transport Command, composed of 5 European Nations who are willing to share aerial military assets in a single operative command.
- In 1984 a terminal building for civilian air traffic is constructed.
- Eindhoven Airport handled 339,291 passengers last year.
- Eindhoven Airport (EIN) currently has only 1 runway.
- The furthest airport from Eindhoven Airport (EIN) is Chatham Islands (CHT), which is located 11,902 miles (19,155 kilometers) away in Waitangi, Chatham Islands, New Zealand.
- The closest airport to Eindhoven Airport (EIN) is Volkel Air Base (UDE), which is located only 20 miles (32 kilometers) NE of EIN.