Airport information and maps for Weeze Airport:
Share this airport:
NRN Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||NRN / EDLV|
|Location:||Weeze, Niederrhein, Germany|
|GPS Coordinates:||51°36'8"N by 6°8'31"E|
|Area Served:||Kreis Kleve, Nijmegen
|Operator/Owner:||Flughafen Niederrhein GmbH|
|Elevation:||106 feet (32 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from NRN|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Kreis Kleve, Nijmegen<br />and Duisburg|
- Facts about NRN
- Map of Nearest Airports to NRN
- List of Nearest Airports to NRN
- Map of Furthest Airports from NRN
- List of Furthest Airports from NRN
Facts about Weeze Airport (NRN):
- Weeze Airport (NRN) currently has only 1 runway.
- In addition to being known as "Weeze Airport", another name for NRN is "Flughafen Weeze/Niederrhein".
- Bus shuttles serve the railway stations of Weeze, Kevelaer and Goch on frequent basis.
- Weeze Airport or Niederrhein Airport is an airport situated 3.7 km southwest of the municipality of Weeze, district of Kleve in the Lower Rhine region of Germany.
- Because of Weeze Airport's relatively low elevation of 106 feet, planes can take off or land at Weeze Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- Weeze Airport handled 290,000 passengers last year.
- The furthest airport from Weeze Airport (NRN) is Chatham Islands (CHT), which is located 11,885 miles (19,127 kilometers) away in Waitangi, Chatham Islands, New Zealand.
- The closest airport to Weeze Airport (NRN) is Volkel Air Base (UDE), which is located only 20 miles (32 kilometers) W of NRN.
- In 2008, with 1.52 million passengers, which represented growth of 80% on the previous year, it was among Europe's fastest-growing airports.
- In February 2014 Ryanair announced the cancelation of 18 routes from Weeze for the 2014 summer season stating a lack of available aircraft.