Airport information and maps for Hatfield Aerodrome:
Share this airport:
HTF Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||HTF / EGTH|
|Airport Name:||Hatfield Aerodrome|
|Location:||Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom|
|GPS Coordinates:||51°45'56"N by 0°15'2"W|
|Operator/Owner:||de Havilland Aircraft Company (1930 - 1960)
Hawker Siddeley (1960 - 1977)
British Aerospace (1977 - closure)
|Elevation:||254 feet (77 meters)|
|# of Runways:||2|
|View all routes:||Routes from HTF|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom|
- Facts about HTF
- Map of Nearest Airports to HTF
- List of Nearest Airports to HTF
- Map of Furthest Airports from HTF
- List of Furthest Airports from HTF
Facts about Hatfield Aerodrome (HTF):
- The furthest airport from Hatfield Aerodrome (HTF) is Chatham Islands (CHT), which is located 11,860 miles (19,086 kilometers) away in Waitangi, Chatham Islands, New Zealand.
- De Havilland had been developing and manufacturing propellers and piston engines in addition to airframes.
- The full trail is around 4 km long and takes around 90 minutes to walk.
- The redevelopment of the main airfield site commenced in the late 1990s.
- The ICAO code, EGTH, has subsequently been reallocated to Old Warden Aerodrome in Bedfordshire.
- Because of Hatfield Aerodrome's relatively low elevation of 254 feet, planes can take off or land at Hatfield Aerodrome at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- The de Havilland Aircraft Company was acquired by Hawker Siddeley in 1960 and the de Havilland name ceased to be used in 1963.
- The closest airport to Hatfield Aerodrome (HTF) is London Luton Airport (LTN), which is located only 9 miles (15 kilometers) NNW of HTF.
- Hatfield Aerodrome (HTF) has 2 runways.