Airport information and maps for Norwich International Airport:
Share this airport:
NWI Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||NWI / EGSH|
|Airport Name:||Norwich International Airport|
|Location:||Norwich, England, United Kingdom|
|GPS Coordinates:||52°40'32"N by 1°16'58"E|
|Area Served:||Norwich, Norfolk|
Norfolk County Council
Norwich City Council
|Elevation:||117 feet (36 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from NWI|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Norwich, Norfolk|
- Facts about NWI
- Map of Nearest Airports to NWI
- List of Nearest Airports to NWI
- Map of Furthest Airports from NWI
- List of Furthest Airports from NWI
Facts about Norwich International Airport (NWI):
- The airport was sold by the majority stakeholders of Omniport to the Rigby Group PLC in 2014.
- Norwich International Airport (NWI) currently has only 1 runway.
- The closest airport to Norwich International Airport (NWI) is Coltishall (IATA off-point) (CLF), which is located only 5 miles (8 kilometers) NE of NWI.
- Because of Norwich International Airport's relatively low elevation of 117 feet, planes can take off or land at Norwich International Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- The first Norwich airport was set up on a former First World War aerodrome on Mousehold Heath under what is now the Heartsease housing estate.
- The furthest airport from Norwich International Airport (NWI) is Chatham Islands (CHT), which is located 11,816 miles (19,015 kilometers) away in Waitangi, Chatham Islands, New Zealand.
- Most of the World War II buildings used by the USAAF remain, although converted for a variety of purposes.
- Norwich International Airport handled 463,401 passengers last year.