Airport information and maps for Birmingham Airport:
Share this airport:
BHX Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||BHX / EGBB|
|Airport Name:||Birmingham Airport|
|Location:||Birmingham, England, United Kingdom|
|GPS Coordinates:||52°27'14"N by 1°44'53"W|
|Area Served:||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Operator/Owner:||Seven Metropolitan Boroughs of West Midlands (49% total)
(Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall & Solihull)
Airport Group Investments Ltd. (48.25%) (Teache
|Elevation:||341 feet (104 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from BHX|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Birmingham, United Kingdom|
- Facts about BHX
- Map of Nearest Airports to BHX
- List of Nearest Airports to BHX
- Map of Furthest Airports from BHX
- List of Furthest Airports from BHX
Facts about Birmingham Airport (BHX):
- Taxiways will be further improved to allow for terminal expansion and to improve runway occupancy rates.
- Because of Birmingham Airport's relatively low elevation of 341 feet, planes can take off or land at Birmingham Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- The furthest airport from Birmingham Airport (BHX) is Dunedin International Airport (DUD), which is located 11,858 miles (19,084 kilometers) away in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand.
- As part of the proposed High Speed Two rail link, a new railway station called Birmingham Interchange would be built to serve both the airport and the National Exhibition Centre.
- Birmingham Airport (BHX) currently has only 1 runway.
- The airport's location south-east of the city, plus the only operational runway being north-west – south-east, means that depending on wind direction, aircraft land or take-off directly over Birmingham.
- Originally, the target for completion was in time for the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics.
- The closest airport to Birmingham Airport (BHX) is Coventry Airport (CVT), which is located only 13 miles (20 kilometers) ESE of BHX.
- Birmingham handled a record 9.6 million passengers in 2008, and 9.1 million passengers used the airport in 2013, making Birmingham the seventh busiest UK airport.
- Birmingham Airport handled 9,120,201 passengers last year.