Airport information and maps for Stord Airport, Sørstokken:
Share this airport:
SRP Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||SRP / ENSA|
|Location:||Stord, Hordaland, Norway|
|GPS Coordinates:||59°47'34"N by 5°20'22"E|
|Area Served:||Stord, Hordaland, Norway|
Hordaland County Municipality
|Elevation:||161 feet (49 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from SRP|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Stord, Hordaland, Norway|
- Facts about SRP
- Map of Nearest Airports to SRP
- List of Nearest Airports to SRP
- Map of Furthest Airports from SRP
- List of Furthest Airports from SRP
Facts about Stord Airport, Sørstokken (SRP):
- The first proposals for an airport on Stord—launched in the 1950s—envisioned an airport at Hystadmarka.
- Because of Stord Airport, Sørstokken's relatively low elevation of 161 feet, planes can take off or land at Stord Airport, Sørstokken at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- Stord Airport, Sørstokken (SRP) currently has only 1 runway.
- Construction of the airport consisted of a 1,080-meter long runway, aligned 15–33, which included a 40-meter long turning section at each end.
- In July 1987, a distance measurement in the distance measuring equipment failed, terminating all scheduled and night flights until it was replaced in September.
- The municipal chief-of-administration concluded that there would be need for an airport in Stord, but stated that the municipality lacked funds.
- The closest airport to Stord Airport, Sørstokken (SRP) is Haugesund Airport, Karmøy (HAU), which is located 31 miles (50 kilometers) S of SRP.
- After the opening of the airport, Widerøe also applied to operate the route.
- In March 1995, Coast Air started flights from Sørstokken to Stavanger using a Twin Otter four times a week.
- The furthest airport from Stord Airport, Sørstokken (SRP) is Chatham Islands (CHT), which is located 11,330 miles (18,234 kilometers) away in Waitangi, Chatham Islands, New Zealand.
- Stord Airport, Sørstokken handled 30,711 passengers last year.
- In addition to being known as "Stord Airport, Sørstokken", other names for SRP include "Stord lufthavn, Sørstokken" and "ENSO".