Airport information and maps for Halim Perdanakusuma Airport:
Share this airport:
HLP Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||HLP / WIHH|
|GPS Coordinates:||6°15'59"S by 106°53'27"E|
|Operator/Owner:||PT Angkasa Pura II|
|Elevation:||82 feet (25 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from HLP|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Jakarta, Indonesia|
- Facts about HLP
- Map of Nearest Airports to HLP
- List of Nearest Airports to HLP
- Map of Furthest Airports from HLP
- List of Furthest Airports from HLP
Facts about Halim Perdanakusuma Airport (HLP):
- Halim Perdanakusuma was the city's main airport until the opening of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang in 1985.
- Because of Halim Perdanakusuma Airport's relatively low elevation of 82 feet, planes can take off or land at Halim Perdanakusuma Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- In addition to being known as "Halim Perdanakusuma Airport", another name for HLP is "Bandara Udara Halim Perdanakusuma".
- The closest airport to Halim Perdanakusuma Airport (HLP) is Soekarno–Hatta International Airport (CGK), which is located only 19 miles (30 kilometers) WNW of HLP.
- In the 1960s, the airport was also known as the Halim Perdana Kusumah Air Force Base, and before it was known as Tjililitan Airport, the borough in which it is located.
- Halim Perdanakusuma Airport handled 201,348 passengers last year.
- Halim Perdanakusuma Airport (HLP) currently has only 1 runway.
- The furthest airport from Halim Perdanakusuma Airport (HLP) is Palonegro International Airport (BGA), which is nearly antipodal to Halim Perdanakusuma Airport (meaning Halim Perdanakusuma Airport is almost on the exact opposite side of the Earth from Palonegro International Airport), and is located 12,377 miles (19,919 kilometers) away in Bucaramanga, Colombia.