Airport information and maps for Kuala Lumpur International Airport:
Share this airport:
KUL Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||KUL / WMKK|
|Location:||Sepang (near Kuala Lumpur), Malaysia|
|GPS Coordinates:||2°44'35"N by 101°41'53"E|
|Area Served:||Greater Klang Valley|
|Operator/Owner:||Government of Malaysia|
|Elevation:||70 feet (21 meters)|
|# of Runways:||3|
|View all routes:||Routes from KUL|
- Facts about KUL
- Map of Nearest Airports to KUL
- List of Nearest Airports to KUL
- Map of Furthest Airports from KUL
- List of Furthest Airports from KUL
Facts about Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL):
- The furthest airport from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) is Col. Edmundo Carvajal Airport (XMS), which is nearly antipodal to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (meaning Kuala Lumpur International Airport is almost on the exact opposite side of the Earth from Col. Edmundo Carvajal Airport), and is located 12,404 miles (19,962 kilometers) away in Macas, Ecuador.
- In addition to being known as "Kuala Lumpur International Airport", another name for KUL is "Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur".
- Because of Kuala Lumpur International Airport's relatively low elevation of 70 feet, planes can take off or land at Kuala Lumpur International Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- The airport is operated by Malaysia Airports Sepang Sdn Bhd and is the major hub of Malaysia Airlines, MASkargo, AirAsia, AirAsia X, Malindo Air and Department of Civil Aviation.
- Within the terminal, wireless internet is provided free of charge.
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport is Malaysia's main international airport and one of the major airports of South East Asia.
- The initial passenger growth was below average due to Asian Financial Crisis and the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic in 2003 and the airport failed to reach its target capacity of 25 million passengers per annum by 2004.
- The terminal has a built-up area of 257,000 sqm with 60 departure gates, 8 remote stands, 80 aerobridges, plus a retail space of 35,000 sqm to accommodate a total of 220 retail outlets.
- The 176,000 square metres satellite building accommodates international flights departing and arriving at KLIA.
- Upon KLIA's completion, Subang Airport's Terminal 1 building was demolished.
- The closest airport to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) is KA01 KJ15 MR1 Kuala Lumpur Sentral (KL Sentral) 吉隆坡中环广场 (XKL), which is located 27 miles (43 kilometers) N of KUL.
- KLIA features a number of modern design features that assist in the efficient operation of the airport.
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) has 3 runways.