Airport information and maps for Newcastle Airport:
Share this airport:
NCL Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||NCL / EGNT|
|Airport Name:||Newcastle Airport|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom|
|GPS Coordinates:||55°2'17"N by 1°41'22"W|
|Area Served:||Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
|Operator/Owner:||Newcastle Airport Local Authority Holding Company Ltd (51%), AMP Capital (49%).|
|Elevation:||266 feet (81 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from NCL|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Newcastle upon Tyne<br />Tyne and Wear<br />County Durham<br />Cumbria<br />North Yorkshire<br />Northumberland|
- Facts about NCL
- Map of Nearest Airports to NCL
- List of Nearest Airports to NCL
- Map of Furthest Airports from NCL
- List of Furthest Airports from NCL
Facts about Newcastle Airport (NCL):
- Newcastle Airport (NCL) currently has only 1 runway.
- Because of Newcastle Airport's relatively low elevation of 266 feet, planes can take off or land at Newcastle Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
- In 2006 a record 5.4 million passengers used the Airport, according to Civil Aviation Authority figures.
- The main handling agents at the Airport are Swissport UK who provide services for eighteen of the above 26 airlines and Servisair, their cargo division has a significant operation at Newcastle.
- The Airport was opened on 26 July 1935 as Woolsington Aerodrome by the Secretary of State for Air, Sir Phillip Cunliffe-Lister.
- The furthest airport from Newcastle Airport (NCL) is Ryan's Creek Aerodrome (SZS), which is located 11,722 miles (18,864 kilometers) away in Stewart Island, New Zealand.
- Also, the Newcastle Airport Freight Village which is located beside the Airport, bases Emirates SkyCargo, FedEx, Servisair Cargo and NorthEast Air Cargo company offices to deal with freight such as mail and cargo to export and import goods to and from Newcastle and across the world.
- The closest airport to Newcastle Airport (NCL) is Durham Tees Valley Airport (MME), which is located 38 miles (61 kilometers) SSE of NCL.
- Newcastle Airport has a CAA Public Use Aerodrome Licence that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flying instruction.
- Newcastle Airport handled 4,420,839 passengers last year.