Airport information and maps for Hawke's Bay Airport:
Share this airport:
NPE Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||NPE / NZNR|
|Airport Name:||Hawke's Bay Airport|
|Location:||Napier, New Zealand|
|GPS Coordinates:||39°28'5"S by 176°52'18"E|
|Area Served:||Hastings, New Zealand and Napier, New Zealand|
Napier City (26%)
Hastings District (24%)
|Elevation:||7 feet (2 meters)|
|# of Runways:||3|
|View all routes:||Routes from NPE|
- Facts about NPE
- Map of Nearest Airports to NPE
- List of Nearest Airports to NPE
- Map of Furthest Airports from NPE
- List of Furthest Airports from NPE
Facts about Hawke's Bay Airport (NPE):
- Hawke's Bay Airport handled 451,128 passengers last year.
- Hawke's Bay Airport (NPE) has 3 runways.
- In November 2013 - Hawkes Bay Airport announced advanced planning to further lengthen its main runway from 1750m to 1940m no later than 2018 and a significant terminal expansion and redevelopment to cope with significantly higher than projected annual increases in passengers numbers through the airport.
- Hawke's Bay Airport is Hawke's Bay's main commercial airport serving domestic flights to the main centres of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as well as smaller centres such as Gisborne, Tauranga, Hamilton and Rotorua.
- The furthest airport from Hawke's Bay Airport (NPE) is Ciudad Real Central Airport (CQM), which is nearly antipodal to Hawke's Bay Airport (meaning Hawke's Bay Airport is almost on the exact opposite side of the Earth from Ciudad Real Central Airport), and is located 12,375 miles (19,916 kilometers) away in Ciudad Real, Spain.
- The closest airport to Hawke's Bay Airport (NPE) is Taupo AirportTe Papa Waka Rererangi o Taupō (TUO), which is located 66 miles (106 kilometers) NW of NPE.
- Because of Hawke's Bay Airport's relatively low elevation of 7 feet, planes can take off or land at Hawke's Bay Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.