Nonstop flight route between Mitiaro Island, Cook Islands and Abéché, Chad:
Distance from MOI to AEH:
Share this route:
- About this route
- MOI Airport Information
- AEH Airport Information
- Facts about MOI
- Facts about AEH
- Map of Nearest Airports to MOI
- List of Nearest Airports to MOI
- Map of Furthest Airports from MOI
- List of Furthest Airports from MOI
- Map of Nearest Airports to AEH
- List of Nearest Airports to AEH
- Map of Furthest Airports from AEH
- List of Furthest Airports from AEH
About this route:
A direct, nonstop flight between Mitiaro Island Airport (MOI), Mitiaro Island, Cook Islands and Abéché Airport (AEH), Abéché, Chad would travel a Great Circle distance of 12,012 miles (or 19,331 kilometers).
A Great Circle is the shortest distance between 2 points on a sphere. Because most world maps are flat (but the Earth is round), the route of the shortest distance between 2 points on the Earth will often appear curved when viewed on a flat map, especially for long distances. If you were to simply draw a straight line on a flat map and measure a very long distance, it would likely be much further than if you were to lay a string between those two points on a globe. Because of the large distance between Mitiaro Island Airport and Abéché Airport, the route shown on this map most likely appears curved because of this reason.
Try it at home! Get a globe and tightly lay a string between Mitiaro Island Airport and Abéché Airport. You'll see that it will travel the same route of the red line on this map!
The distance between MOI and AEH makes them almost exactly antipodal (the exact opposite side of the world) to each other. Nonstop flights between Mitiaro Island Airport and Abéché Airport would be very impractical for the airlines, because only a lightly loaded Boeing 777-200LR would be able to make the trip. Since airlines need to be able to take as many people and cargo as possible in order to make a profit, the odds of ever seeing a nonstop flight between MOI and AEH are slim to none. However, you'll still be able to get from Mitiaro Island, Cook Islands and Abéché, Chad by taking some connecting flights!
Did you know that one full circling of the Earth (measuring from the equator) is about 24,901.5 miles (or 40,075 kilometers), which means if you were 12,450 miles from any given point on the planet, the distance back to your starting point would be about the same -- in any direction! The same can be said for a nonstop flight between MOI and AEH!
Departure Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||MOI / NCMR|
|Airport Name:||Mitiaro Island Airport|
|Location:||Mitiaro Island, Cook Islands|
|GPS Coordinates:||19°50'33"S by 157°42'11"W|
|Elevation:||0 feet (0 meters)|
|View all routes:||Routes from MOI|
|More Information:||MOI Maps & Info|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Mitiaro Island, Cook Islands|
Arrival Airport Information:
|IATA / ICAO Codes:||AEH / FTTC|
|Airport Name:||Abéché Airport|
|GPS Coordinates:||13°50'48"N by 20°50'39"E|
|Area Served:||Abéché, Chad|
|Elevation:||1788 feet (545 meters)|
|# of Runways:||1|
|View all routes:||Routes from AEH|
|More Information:||AEH Maps & Info|
|Gift Shop:||T-shirts and other gifts for Abéché, Chad|
Facts about Mitiaro Island Airport (MOI):
- The furthest airport from Mitiaro Island Airport (MOI) is Faya-Largeau Airport (FYT), which is nearly antipodal to Mitiaro Island Airport (meaning Mitiaro Island Airport is almost on the exact opposite side of the Earth from Faya-Largeau Airport), and is located 12,190 miles (19,617 kilometers) away in Faya-Largeau, Chad.
- The closest airport to Mitiaro Island Airport (MOI) is Akatoka Manava Airport (Mauke Airport) (MUK), which is located 31 miles (50 kilometers) SE of MOI.
- Because of Mitiaro Island Airport's relatively low elevation of 0 feet, planes can take off or land at Mitiaro Island Airport at a lower air speed than at airports located at a higher elevation. This is because the air density is higher closer to sea level than it would otherwise be at higher elevations.
Facts about Abéché Airport (AEH):
- The closest airport to Abéché Airport (AEH) is Oum-Hadjer Airport (OUM), which is located 86 miles (138 kilometers) WSW of AEH.
- The furthest airport from Abéché Airport (AEH) is Manihiki Island Airport (MHX), which is nearly antipodal to Abéché Airport (meaning Abéché Airport is almost on the exact opposite side of the Earth from Manihiki Island Airport), and is located 12,167 miles (19,581 kilometers) away in Manihiki Island, Cook Islands.
- Abéché Airport (AEH) currently has only 1 runway.